Due to its excellent biocompatibility, collagen is particularly suitable for applications in the medical, medical engineering, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food technology industries.
Depending on the preparation technology, a wide range of applications with very different mechanical and biochemical properties can be realised:
- Matrices for cell cultivation
- Collagen-based textile fabrics
- Coatings for flexible and rigid substrates
- Tubes (1mm cross-section)
- 3D-structures from collagen
- Collagen articles manufactured by casting and injection molding