Research activities in FILK´s tannery pilot plant traditionally include all process steps of leather manufacture: swelling, liming and bating, tanning, re-tanning and finishing.
Due to a global division of labour in the leather manufacturing and processing more frequently scientific issues regarding the use preserving agents and determination of insufficient effectiveness.
Furthermore, in the tannery piIot plant small batches of special leathers are produced, e.g. for restoration of leather wallpapers, book covers and Silbermann organs typical for Ore Mountains area.
The pilot plant also provides a authorisation for materials used in the food industry.
Facilities wet area:
- 9 tanning drums for the incorporation of raw material of 0.5 to 100 kg
- BMD fleshing machine AB 1.550
- Moenus band knive splitting mashine AB 2.500
- Turner precision splitting machine
- SVIT sammying machine type SVIT AB 1.800
- BMD shaving mashine AB 1.800
- Stenter frame drying, vauum drying
- Spraying unit
- Facilities for buffing, staking, milling, plating and embossing of leather
For testing of leather and leather products according to standards, please visit the site of our accredited test lab.